Get the best equipment for you when you buy here at Sound Machinery Makers. We provide different kinds of products that suit the needs of our customers. Uncover everything about our products by browsing through the details below:
What are our best-selling machines?
Here is a list of the best-selling machines in Sound Machinery Makers:
A lathe is a specific machine that is utilized for shaping metal or wood. This works by rotating the workpiece around a stationary cutting tool then it removes the unwanted parts of it which results in a finer and properly shaped material. Get a closer look at the lathe machine here:
The lathe has six main parts which are namely:
- Bed: It puts together all the parts of the lathe which is known as the base of the machine. This also helps determine the size of the piece.
- Headstock: It is placed on the left side of the machine while the tailstock is on the right. This is where the power of the motor is applied to the specific workpiece as it holds the spindle.
- Tailstock: This is on the right side of the machine and should not be interchanged with the headstock.
- Spindles: It’s attached with the headstock and tailstock for the machine to function properly. The main spindle has additional attachments such as the centres, chucks and faceplates.
- Tool Rest: An adjustable part of the machine when you want to change its height and rotation. However, you should only fix this when the machine is off to avoid any unwanted accidents.
- Motor: This is found at the underside of the lathe bed, on the left portion, near the headstock. In most cases, it’s an electric motor but some variations use a hydraulic motor for the machine to run.
Who can use a lathe?
Dubbed as the mother of machining tools, the lathe has a variety of purposes including shaping, drilling, sanding and cutting among others. It’s a versatile machine that is perfect for metal and woodworkers but this still depends on the task at hand. This is usually for precise cutting and sharpening of a certain workpiece.
Safety tips when using a lathe
If it’s your first time using a lathe, it’s important to practice caution at all times to avoid any unexpected incidents. Be guided by the following safety tips whenever handling them:
- Wear the right gear
Whenever you are handling any piece of equipment, particularly a lathe, you should wear the right gear at all times for your safety. Put on some side protectors and face shield before getting close to the machine to refrain anything dangerous from happening. If you have long hair, make sure to tie it up. You can also roll up your sleeves if they are too long and will only get in the way of your work.
- Inspect the shields and guards
Check every nook and cranny of the lathe before using it to avoid any issues along the way. Ensure that everything is in its right place before turning the machine on. If anything looks off the mark, label that specific area and refrain from using it. For example, you can write ‘out of service’ so that no one uses the product even when you leave.
- Keep your tools sharp
Although some tend to overlook it, dull and damaged lathe tools are not only ineffective but can also pose a threat to your safety. Make sure to keep them sharp all the time and fix any problems before moving forward.
- Turn off the machine before making adjustments
No matter what happens, never make adjustments while the machine is running. The lathe should be turned off before you can move any parts of it or else, you’ll encounter bigger issues along the way.
As its name suggests, heavy-duty machines are fit for fulfilling different construction tasks that often require earthwork operations. They are also referred to as heavy trucks or engineering equipment since this is often found on-site and are only handled by professionals. This comes in different types which are the following:
Excavators or also known as hydraulic are a prime example of heavy equipment that consists of a boom, dipper, bucket and cab on a rotating platform called the ‘house’. The house is described as the one sitting on top of an undercarriage with tracks or wheels. This machine can also be referred as diggers since they handle different tasks such as:
- Digging of trenches, holes and foundations
- Handling different kinds of material
- Doing some forestry work
- Constructing buildings
- Drilling shafts for footings and rock blasting
- Removing snow.
For moving and loading materials from one place to another, the loaders are the perfect heavy equipment for the job. It usually handles several elements like asphalt, demolition debris, snow and dirt among other things. Uncover its different types by looking at the list below:
- Bucket loader
- Front loader
- Front-end loader
- Skip loader
- Wheel loader
- Swing loader.
A paver is a machine that lays the asphalt on different places like roads, bridges and parking lots. It ensures that the asphalt is put flat on the ground and provides minor compaction before it is compressed to the earth by a roller. You can often see this during big construction projects since they make the job easier for all workers.
Bulldozers are known for their large size and their strong power for heavy construction. It has specialized tracks that allow them to hold its ground and move properly even in rough terrain. Since this heavy-duty machine has an excellent transmission system with superb tractive force, it’s often used for the following purposes:
- Building roads
- Constructing buildings
- Clearing land
- Developing different infrastructure.
As their name implies, dump trucks are used for taking ‘dumps’ of certain materials like sand and gravel to a certain site. Most dump trucks have an open-box bed that is attached at the rear and is equipped with hydraulic rams to lift the front, letting the specific element in the bed be placed in the ground properly. Some examples of dump trucks are as follows:
- Standard dump truck
- Semi-trailer end dump truck
- Transfer dump truck
- Super dump truck
- Side dump truck.
Trenchers are heavy-duty equipment designed to dig trenches, particularly with putting pipes or electrical cables and installing drainage systems. It has different sizes and types such as:
- Wheel trencher
- Chain trencher
- Micro trencher
- Portable trencher
- Tractor-mounted trencher.
Graders, also known as road graders, is a construction equipment that has a long blade used for creating a flat surface during the grading process of a project. Its oldest models were designed with horses or other powered equipment but presently, they have a working engine which is called motor graders for most times.
Pile driving machines
A pile driver is used for driving piles into the earth to provide foundation support for infrastructures, as its name implies. This comes in different types such as:
- Diesel hammer
- Vertical travel lead systems
- Hydraulic hammer
- Hydraulic press-in
- Vibratory pile driver or extractor
- Piling rig.
Plano millers are specific milling machines with a flatbed that handles the workpiece and a sliding crosspiece that has rotating cutters. Its cut is described to be similar to a lathe but its main difference is it has a more linear finish rather than a helical result. This is also comparable to a shaper but it has a larger size and it allows the entire workpiece to move on the table below the cutter. Ideally, the Plano milling machine is used for a variety of purposes namely:
- Slot cutting
Apart from the Plano millers, you should also look at the different types of milling machines found here at Sound Machinery Makers which are the following:
- Common: A standard milling machine with 5 basic elements namely a work table, saddle, head, knee and overarm. The easiest milling machine to use has a cutting device that is vertically suspended to allow the drilling of metals, particularly for the car parts industry.
- Turret: This is also known as the Bridgeport-type which can be repositioned whenever you want. Compared to other counterparts, this is more versatile and practical to use for different kinds of sectors.
- C-frame: It’s recognized to be sturdier than a turret and is often used in industrial projects. This has a hydraulic motor which makes it a powerful tool.
- Horizontal: It runs parallel to the ground where the workpiece can be moved sideways as the cutting device moves up and down.
- Bed type: It has a worktable that is placed on the bed itself, rather than being placed on top as seen in other machines. It does not have a knee part to allow more movement of the equipment in a longitudinal direction.
What makes our products different from the rest?
Unlike other companies, Sound Machinery Makers is distinguished by its unique products that have the following characteristics:
- They can be customized
- They are fitting for your budget
- They are locally produced.
So, what are you waiting for? Order your chosen equipment now by reaching out to us through our website.